ELA: STUDY: QUIZ TOMORROW: UNIT 1 VOCABULARY WORKSHOP
and prefixes and suffixes page 8
SBCA GOES TO MUSEUM OF SCIENCE FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 2019 8:15 – buses load at SBCA. We are scheduled to leave the Museum at 1p.m. to return to SBCA. Students are required to wear their gym uniforms.
ELA: VOCAB WORKSHOP UNIT 14 pages 174 - 181
SOCIAL STUDIES HOMEWORK:
Answer in your notebooks: (USE YOUR TEXTBOOK)
1. Read pages 276 - 279 --
answer questions 2- 5 DUE THURSDAY
2. Read pages 282 - 287 - answer DUE: FRIDAY
questions: 1 – 5
3. DUE: Tuesday, June 4 -- begin creating an illustrated timeline
for Ancient Rome -- take notes before doing final on large sized paper. This will be graded as a test. -- include the following dates:
753 BC 509 BC 218 BC 45 BC 44 BC 27 BC 64 A
Continue working on the draft of Pericles/Lincoln speech compare and contrast -- draft due Monday
Reading and questions: Teddy Roosevelt DUE TUESDAY
UNIT 13 Pages 164 - 173 NOTE: you do NOT have to do the Writing Words in Action at the bottom of page 172 QUIZ ON THURSDAY 5/23 UNIT 13
QUICK STUDY ROME pages 64 & 65 DUE MONDAY
SOCIAL STUDIES: Read & answer handout questions in your notebook. ELA -- VOCAB pages 156 - 159 PERCY JACKSON: ANSWER THE QUESTIONS on handout -- see BELOW
HW: TUESDAY, APRIL 23
Gr. 6 ELA Percy Jackson the Lightning Thief Chapter 1 – REQUIRED: CITE EVIDENCE FROM THE TEXT – quotes and page numbers
1. What kind of school is Yancy Academy?
2. What bad experiences has Percy had on past field trips?
3. Why can't Percy get back at Nancy when she starts teasing Grover on the bus?
4. Why doesn't Percy get along with Mrs. Dodds?
5. When do you first suspect that something may be unusual/supernatural about Mrs. Dodds?
6. In the story about the gods and titans, who was Kronos and what happened to him after the gods defeated him?
7. Why does Percy get angry at Mr. Brunner? How would you have felt in his position? Why?
8. What do you learn about Percy's home life as he's watching the taxis on 5th Avenue?
9. How does Percy get in trouble with Mrs. Dodds? Do you think it's his fault?
10. How have things changed when Percy returns to the Percy Jackson Ch. 1.front steps of the museum?
ELA -- Read Westing Game and answer questions for Chapters 13 - 18 SOCIAL STUDIES: Complete practice test for a quiz grade
STUDY GUIDE FOR INDIA TEST
Know and be able to define the following terms and people.
ELA -- READ THROUGH THE END OF CHAPTER 12 in the Westing Game -- Quiz tomorrow -- Please continue to fill out packet
SOCIAL STUDIES: ANCIENT INDIA PART 2 -- The Mughal Dynasty Read and answer questions in packet NOTE: Social Studies TEST FRIDAY
ELA -- Answer these questions/prompts in your blue journals:TASK 1.Using the description on pages 1 & 2 -- draw a picture of sunset towers. Use a full page.Include as many text details of the description as possible.TASK 2.Based on the evidence in the te
READ THE WESTING GAME FOR 30 MINUTES -- CONTINUE WITH THE PACKET
SS ANCIENT INDIA PACKET PART 2 == Buddhism
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.